ENSURING THE HEALTH & SAFETY
To our valued clients and partners,
Schaeffer Douglas Title is taking proactive steps to protect our place of work and our clients during this infectious disease outbreak. It is the goal of Schaeffer Douglas Title to strive to operate effectively and ensure that all essential services are continuously provided and that employees and clients are as safe as possible but some disruptions to all of our normal routines are inevitable.
In order to minimize the risk of infection for all involved, we are altering the manner in which we normally conduct real estate closings. We appreciate your patience and flexibility and we stand ready to answer any questions that you may have as we proceed to the closing table.
• Wherever possible we will be asking that closings occur at one of our offices so that we can better control the environment. We have removed extra chairs from our conference rooms to ensure them maximum distance possible between the parties is possible. If a remote closing is necessary we would ask that our partners also take steps to ensure the increased distance between the parties in their conference rooms.
• We will be conducting closings with only the buyers or sellers in the closing room and we will ask Realtors and loan officers to limit contact at the time of closing. If Sellers would like to sign with their own notary or come in at an earlier time to sign we will arrange to do so.
• If you are sick, please do not come to closing.
• All of our employees have been instructed to refrain from any handshaking.
• Wherever possible, your closing coordinator will send the full package of closing documents to borrowers and Realtor in advance of the closing for review and any questions. Borrowers should review the documents in advance so that at the time of closing, documents will be executed quickly at the closing table and minimize the time spent at the closing table.
• We have removed all items from our conference room tables and we will provide all parties who are signing with a pen to keep upon arrival.
• You will notice our receptionist cleaning the conference room table when the parties arrive for a closing. Please notify us if you have any sensitivity to cleaning supplies that may affect you.
• If possible, we would ask that buyers and sellers come to closing with a copy of their current driver’s license or passport.